Tuesday, May 10, 2011


The weather in Cincinnati has finally warmed up & cleared. Yesterday was perfection as far as Spring goes. My mom and I shared some laughs and ice cream in the afternoon. I then joined Andy for Indian food and homework. The weather was so perfect we thought, why not sleep outside? So we turned my 3rd story balcony into a giant bed. So much fun! While there's so much excitement & change in my life right now, I'll miss these simple Cincinnati moments.

By the way, I'm sure you've heard of Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project." I've been reading a lot of interesting eastern philosophy on happiness and I'm wondering if I should add this to my list. Apparently there's a chapter on the happiness that collecting things can bring. It got me thinking...I can't remember the last time I collected something or what it was. I think Sibella Court is most definitely a collecting genius. I picked up this beautiful piece of driftwood while I was in Point Reyes. I love natural things...like shells, wood, or strange little oddities found in the woods. Maybe I should start a collection?

Oh and while we're at it! I've been cooking a bit more, nothing impressive, but who cares? It's a very relaxing hobby. I've been keeping track of my favorite recipes. I added Rifle Paper Co's recipe cards to my wish list. Such a pretty way to organize in the kitchen.

image via rifle

No comments: