Tuesday, May 10, 2011


teach us to care & not to care. teach us to be still. t.s. elliot.

Getting a little personal here...bear with me. We all have our hang ups and things we need to work on. I dealt with anxiety for the better part of my teenage life. I conquered that with lots of work but still, everyone has something, right? I seem to struggle with the idea that there are people out there who just don't like you. I had a few friendship fallouts soon after I graduated from high school. I always stayed true to my convictions and did what I thought was right, but still, sometimes certain relationships aren't meant to last. I've had all the wise people in my life tell me time and time again that I should forget it and move on. I know they are right, but I still struggle with the idea that there are people out there who may not like me. I know I'm blogging things much more personal than usual (maybe it's time I start?), but the quote above is one of my favorites, and I think it applies perfectly to my struggle. I hope it benefits you in some way!

photo via dear diary

No comments: