Saturday, June 4, 2011


I am itching to do some creative things now that the stress of school projects is out of the way. I have been sketching jewelry lately and the feeling of doing something artistic other than graphic design has been so liberating. I have been so inspired by the jewelry artists whose blogs I follow. Odette in particular is such a talent. I would love to learn how to work with metal! But, I am limited by time and money on the kinds of jewelry I can make right now. I have to be creative with the resources available to me. Luckily, my parents both have wonderful studios where I can work. My mom has a pottery studio where I'm going to explore making jewelry out of clay and fabric. I am going to my dad's shop tomorrow to make lots of pretty pieces out of wood! I am so ready to get away from the computer screen and play with big table saws, dremels, and sanding tools. Ready to get messy! My boyfriend has been busy with his senior projects for mechanical engineering. I went to his place to drill some holes in aluminum for him. Exciting, right? But seriously, it was so much fun for me to do something like that and take a break from design. It just felt good.

By the way, congrats to Andy on finishing the grueling 100k mtb race at Mohican today! So proud!

image via odette

No comments: