Saturday, April 23, 2011


I was thinking about the fact that I have to clean the apartment today and in the midst of this thought I got a bit bummed. I miss the excitement I used to feel when I was ready to clean...because it always involved trying a new furniture arrangement and a simple decorating adjustment. But I've been living here for over three years now, and it's really shaped up to be my own. My room is exactly the way I want it, and no other arrangement works for the other rooms. I'm at a decorating dead end! It's great that it's reached this point but I think it's a passion missing from my life now. I miss that energy I had to experiment! I miss perusing Domino magazine for fresh ideas. I have to find a way to keep this in my life! Maybe a new perspective on decorating? Bigger changes? New paint color? I did put a new chandelier up in my dining room, which has proved to be an awesome upgrade. The question is, what to do next?

Thinking I'll steal some ideas from this photo via a merry mishap.

No comments: